Introverted Girl

Since she felt the urge to smile, she followed the primary rule of her existence and did not do it.
--Princess Melanthe, For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Taking

You make me smile
It feels good
I delight in your company
I look forward to it
But I'm sorry

Lessons learned will keep me out of reach

I'm sorry

But this time, I'll be taking.
I will share nothing
I will give nothing
My words will mean nothing

You want my name
You shall not have it
You want more from me
I will give you an illusion
And I will take all that you so eagerly give
Every charming turn of phrase
Every small silliness that lifts my spirits
I'll enjoy you while you're there

Because you do make me smile
And I do delight in your company
I look forward to it, now

But when you tire
You will leave
And I will forget your name

No comments:

Post a Comment