Introverted Girl

Since she felt the urge to smile, she followed the primary rule of her existence and did not do it.
--Princess Melanthe, For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale.

Monday, December 5, 2011

White Light

From the darkness of my youth I learned to see
the stars

Maybe those whose lives have been harsh and ugly
ache for beauty
Those whose lives have been spent in darkness
yearn for something bright

When the shimmer's been washed away
The shine lost
The sparkle rubbed down to a hard, flat, grey.

I use the glow in my heart to make my own white light
Build a fortress
Climb to the top and, although locked away, share what I can


Because no matter how dim the world
I can still be a light

1 comment:

  1. And that you are, sweets! You are definitely a light. Equal to the Valar perhaps?

    ReplyDelete