Introverted Girl

Since she felt the urge to smile, she followed the primary rule of her existence and did not do it.
--Princess Melanthe, For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale.

Friday, October 7, 2011

I Miss RP

I took a break from RP. I dunno. I just felt like I couldn't go on WoW anymore without feeling guilty if I didn't chat or RP with whoever I'd been on recently with. So I stopped playing all the characters that ever RPed. I'm pretty sure I'm forgotten by now, but what if I'm not? Then it's going to be the same thing and I just don't want to feel obligated to  hang out with people. I guess I want my cake and eat it too; I want to be able to level my characters and run endless dungeons, just kill and kill and have my character grow stronger and stronger until I feel spent, and THEN I want to be able to hang out in the city or Everwood and get into a lengthy RP storyline. And every time I log on, I want to be able to repeat that cycle; just play my character the way I feel like it. But people get their feelings hurt and take it personally if I just don't FEEL like hanging out when I first come on. It's.......annoying!!

I could start some new characters, or even go to another server. I dunno. I love the server my characters are on. There's almost always something going on and almost always someone willing to casual RP or, if I feel like lurking, almost always RP going on to watch. Mainly though, my realm feels like home. But I can't play my characters without feeling guilty and it's enough to make me want to start over somewhere else. ....Start all over again... A new huntress and priestess and death knight, which are my three favorite classes. I dunno I dunno. I tried that before and it never felt right. I always wanted to go back home.

But, I can't deny that I miss RPing. Leveling is part of the fun, but my characters are characters... like the ones I write about, and they're real to me. I want them to do more than mindlessly accumulate XP. Just. Blerg.

No comments:

Post a Comment