Introverted Girl

Since she felt the urge to smile, she followed the primary rule of her existence and did not do it.
--Princess Melanthe, For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn: Sleep-Deprived Ramblings

I've been up since 2am and I can't sleep, but at least I'm almost finished with Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn. It's a fun read, and just the kind of story I love from JQ-- light and sweet-- though it's a little on the lighter side than normal. Not tons of depth, but a cute historical, which is what I was in the mood for. If you've read JQ before you might recognize the Smythe-Smith girls, who I've always wanted her to write stories about. Marcus and Honoria are adorable together, and even though it won't make my favorite list or anything, I'd recommend it if you're already a JQ fan. If you're new to Julia Quinn's writing I suggest starting with the Bridgerton series.

I think Just Like Heaven starts a four book series? I'm not sure. It's almost 5:30 in the morning and I'm notorious for getting the facts mixed up even on a full-night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment