Introverted Girl

Since she felt the urge to smile, she followed the primary rule of her existence and did not do it.
--Princess Melanthe, For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Maybe a Crush, Some Japanese and InuYahsa!

First, isn't this a sweet picture of InuYasha?


It's from episode 82: Gap Between the Ages. As adorable as InuYasha is, if I had a crush on anyone in this program, it would be his older brother Sesshomaru. Very swoony. Not that I'm admitting to crushing on anime characters. <.<

To be fair, I'll make Sesshomaru's picture a sleepy-time picture, too.


Now for the Japanese! Here are some more words I hear and understand thanks to InuYasha, although who knows if I'm understanding correctly:

Demo...- but...
Osuwari!- sit! (but to a dog, I think)
Shoki- miasma (this may not come in super handy in life, but still! I know it)
Dakara- That's why
Sou...- I'm not exactly sure how it translates, but it seems like "so..." and if I'm right then that's very convenient to remember!
Souka- I see
Nanda- What (but, not like "Nani?" which feels more literally like "What?" Nanda seems more like, "What is it?" I think.)
And it seems like this little "ke" sound is the way to say "huh!" in a disgruntled way. At least for InuYasha. ^_^

And gosh I'm learning a little from Human Japanese, too, hooray! I can at least introduce myself and ask where the bathroom is, and point out things with desu and ask questions with ka. And I can make simple sentences now. Here is my favorite:

Atashi wa neko desu ka?

It means, Am I a cat? It was a sample sentence from my lessons!! Except my lesson used "watashi" which is the gender-neutral way to say it. I was delighted to learn this!

Ohayou gozaimasu! Means good morning, and I find it super cheerful!

I like a lot of other words and phrases but I'm finally becoming sleepy. WHEW. I thought I'd never become tired. I have no idea if anyone will find this list useful or totally wrong, but I find language-learning pretty fascinating and fun. ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment